Want to work “Together” with Prairie AquaTech for the good of aquaculture? The following position is currently open:
Manager of Microbial Seed Train Research and Development
Prairie AquaTech is a technology company based in Brookings, South Dakota that is improving animal health and nutrition by providing high quality feed ingredients and the solutions they enable. Using patented technologies licensed on a worldwide, exclusive basis from South Dakota State University and developed internally, the Company is upgrading plant-based commodities, such as soybean meal and distillers grain, to sustainable, high quality ingredients and their applications for use in aquaculture and other specialty animal feeds. Our company is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking an experienced Manager for a Manager of Fermentation and Process Research & Development to join our team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work in collaboration with Prairie AquaTech Manufacturing / Operations to optimize the unit operations that are believed to be critical to product quality and process efficiency at commercial scale.
- This role will have primary responsibility for optimization of the company’s technology platform for its Microbial Seed Train and ensure that new technologies can be transferred seamlessly and efficiently at commercial plant scale to the Manufacturing / Operations team.
- Collaborate with Prairie AquaTech R&D to discover and optimize microbial sub-processes that will play a vital role in the production of the company’s emerging product portfolio, including the creation of new, microbially-enhanced products requiring completion of domestic and global regulatory dossiers.
- Lead R&D collaborations with external collaborators for the discovery and development of new microbial process/product technologies that will enable transformative operations for product and co-products manufacture to be effectively integrated into commercial scale facilities.
- Lead the effort to maintain and update the company’s bench and pilot-scale microbiological R&D facility to ensure the timely delivery of new product prototypes which will be needed to support a robust product pipeline for new business development.
- Advanced degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry or Chemistry, Ph.D. preferred
- 3-5 years related experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated capabilities to serve as an impactful presenter to internal and external facing audiences on behalf of the company
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite products
- Strong Data Science skills and proficiency in relevant statistical toolboxes for analysis, interpretation and presentation of results to both technical and cross functional audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including those requiring multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong organizational skills; managerial experience with small teams is desired, but not required
- Ability to be flexible and take on challenges in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Job Location: Successful candidate will work from both Volga and Brookings, SD locations.
Compensation: Annual Base Salary, $70,000; Annual, Performance-Based Bonus, $5,000
Signing Bonus to defray relocation costs $1,000
Qualified candidates, please submit cover letter and resume to: